Websites for young people
The following reputable websites are aimed at young people:
- Reach Out -information about tough times and mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, suicide, eating disorders, bullying and relationship issues (Australian)
- headspace – Australia’s National Youth Mental Health Foundation.
- eheadspace – online counseling services for young people.
- Youth beyondblue – youth website of beyondblue focusing on early intervention and prevention of high prevalence mental health problems for young people and on raising community awareness (Australian)
- Bite Back – youth website created by the Black Dog Institute where young people can share real, personal stories with others, check out videos, blogs and interviews of interesting people, read up on important issues, check and track their mental fitness, and enter awesome comps (their words, not ours!) (Australian)
- Somazone – Free, confidential advice for young people about drugs, sex, mental health, body image and relationships (program of the Australian Drug Foundation)
- Sex, Etc – Sex education by teens for teens – Info and advice on sex, love and relationships, pregnancy, birth control and condoms, HIV/STDs and more (American site)
Can you recommend a good website, organisation or other resource?
Please comment here or email us at email@example.com